(Photo: Nothin' says "Cheap Dimestore Valetines" like NECCO Sweethearts Conversation Hearts)
This is the day that the many around the world celebrate the most capricious of all brain chemistry, that fickle, fanciful feeling of "falling in love." Here are some wonderful quotes that might give a clue of what to do when those amorous neurotransmitters start running dry. Happy Valentine's!
For those in love
"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
- Peter Ustinov (1921 - 2004), English actor & author
"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862), Journal, July 25, 1839
For those who want to be
"I believe love is primarily a choice and only sometimes a feeling. If you want to feel love, choose to love and be patient."
- Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, December 16, 2002
For those who have tied the knot
"A marriage based on full confidence, based on complete and unqualified frankness on both sides; they are not keeping anything back; there's no deception underneath it all. If I might so put it, it's an agreement for the mutual forgiveness of sin."
- Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), Norweigen Playwright
And for the all of us...
"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."
- G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936), English author & mystery novelist